“The creative adult is the child who survived.” — Ursula Le Guin
Growing up in southern Wisconsin I was fortunate to have friends and family support my path of art and music. After having transplanted myself to the dreamy Caribbean, New England and New York, I am now back home in Madison, where I volunteer for the MMoCA and continue Life Drawing investigations on UW campus. I am also passionate of the Theremin, conjuring magical melodies from the ethers - show tunes, classical and science fiction, on the street and at workshops, raising funds toward kids with cancer.
Michael "Mushka" Yurkew
Highlights of Career Accomplishments
• Developing signage, catalogs, consumer apparel and packaging for upcoming television programs and blockbuster films for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Marvel and DC Comics, Nickelodeon, Disney and Warner Brothers.
• Initiating and producing a wide range of digital artwork used in trade shows, Email campaigns, CMS websites, brochures, catalogs and large-scale banners, light boxes and promotional merchandise.
• Establishing and enhancing brands for local clients and groups such as Mitsubishi Electric, Primedia Publications and Girl Scouts.
• Producing catalogs, CD covers and packaging spanning diverse companies such as Mattel, Sony Music and Spectrum Brand’s pet wellness products.
• Directing photo sessions for consumer products, selecting models and processing images for most effective visual communication.
The Museum School at Tufts
UW Wisconsin - Madison
Exhibitions - Sculpture, painting and performance
Old San Juan, PR
Volunteer work and Licensing
Certified Wisconsin Art Teacher, Grades 5-12
Co-Vice President, Board of Volunteers, MMoCA
Zaibas Lithuanian Dance Troupe
Theremin Workshops at Madison Children's Museum